The Web Developer works with the development team to develop and design responsive web sites and web applications. The Web Developer is expected to be able to perform all aspects of the development tasks, including front-end, back-end and database development.
- Coding of responsive web sites in keeping with a scope of work, using open source content management systems such as WordPress, Joomla and/or Drupal
- Programming of full stack web applications using the LAMP stack
- Understanding, installing, modifying, configuring and code customising plugins/modules for Content Management Systems, especially WordPress.
- Understanding and communicating development requirements based on Scopes of Works and Requirements Analysis Documents
- Working with clients and the sales team to recommend appropriate technical and business solutions to inform technical scopes of works
- Developing and maintaining web-enabled capabilities and custom applications
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications and/or in-depth knowledge of the practical use of the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline and two years of general programming experience
- Experience programming in the following languages:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the aforementioned technologies by showcasing at least three previous work assignments/projects
- Ability to work through problems on one’s own until solved
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Understand and integrate or use external software such as Libraries, Plugins, APIs and SDKs.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work successfully both independently and in a team setting.
- Creative problem-solving skills and an ability to apply business logic to development requirements.
- Cross-browser/platform experience
- Needs to be detail-oriented, resourceful, and work well under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills are essential
Other Skills that interest us
- Programming frameworks/libraries such as Jquery, Laravel, Ionic, AngularJS, Sass.
- Strong in programming WordPress Plugins
- Develop production ready mobile apps
- Develop web based mobile games
- Strong ability to manipulate web elements using CSS
Desired Personal Traits
- Positive Attitude – WebFX is an upbeat, unconventional workplace
- Seeking a committed individual with mobility in mind as WebFX is a fast growing company with upward mobility opportunities for committed individuals looking for a career and not just a job
- Adaptable – ours is a quickly evolving business that requires the constant need for change.
- Ability & Willingness to Learn Quickly – internet marketing is an ever-changing field and all marketing staff need to maintain the highest level of understanding, the latest news, and be able to implement quickly what is learned
- Honesty & Trustworthiness